Chapter Sixteen: Questions and Answers
Lately I have received many questions from my wonderful clients and I thought I would take the opportunity to answer them here. I understand some of you might never read this and that is just fine-keep asking and I will continue to answer.
1. Are the images square? The prints are not square. They come in 3 different sizes-11x14, 24x30, and 40x60. My website makes the images look as if they are squares, but they are not. I am working on the layout so you can see more clearly how the images will appear in your home. If you would like a square image I can indeed create that for you-that would simply be a commissioned work.
2. Why do you photograph these flowers? And why do you use your iPhone and not a more conventional camera? I photograph the flowers that I love, that I am drawn to, that speak to me. I use my iPhone for several reasons. The first is because it is a very emotional bond I have created between myself and the iPhone. As I laid in bed for 7 months in a back brace it was the only thing that I could really do. And I believe that my healing process was helped by the use of my iPhone. I have used a conventional camera and sometimes I really want to shoot with a big, professional, big daddy camera. But I would say that 9.9 times out of 10 I am very happy with what I have.
3. I noticed that you are sold out of several images, how can I get more? I have 2 artist proofs of all images that can be purchased. After they are gone, the image goes into the vault.
4. If I buy a print, may I make a journal with it and sell the journal? No, you may not. Unless it is a collaboration between Ashley Woodson Bailey, LLC and your company, you may not use the images for resale.
5. Do you do wholesale accounts or to the trade? Yes, I do both. Please email me email@example.com
6. Why has your pricing changed? I have changed my packaging to assure the safety of your images. With these changes has come some hefty fees on my side. I am absorbing the shipping cost on all domestic images and part of the international shipping.
I think that is it for today! Hope these answers are helpful. And don't forget to pick your flower!
Lots of love-